Singapore Sports Hub
Sep 29, 2019
Rules & Regulations
- All The Straits Times Run 2019 participants must submit their registration and entry fee payment online the event website:straitstimesrun.com. At the Race Entry Pack Collection, participants must show their registration confirmation page following successful registration online.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- All race entries are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
- Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
- Once the Registration Form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
- Completion of the Registration Form is an indication of the participant’s agreement to abide by the Rules and Regulations of The Straits Times Run 2019.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Race bibs MUST be positioned front/top/centre and worn throughout the entire race. Bib numbers MUST be visible at all times. Do not cut or fold the race bib. Do not deface race bibs with stickers, markers, or any writing.
- Race timings for 3.5km school challenge, 10km and 18.45km competitive runs will be recorded by RaceResult timing technology.The bib-tag is attached to the runners’ bib. It is important that all runners wear the race bib, pinned at all four corners, unwrinkled, and uncovered, to ensure an accurate recorded time.
- Participants must run on the designated route for the entire race. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Slower moving participants, including but not limited to those who are walking, are required to keep to the left side of the designated race route so as not to cause obstruction to other participants.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run modes of transport, including but not limited to inline wheelchairs, skates, prams, push cars, or shoes with built-in or attached rollers, are allowed on the race course other than official race and medical vehicles.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the participants’ safety, participants partake in this event at their own risk and the Organiser, Sponsors and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities shall not be liable for any death, injury, loss or damage, suffered during or otherwise arising from the race.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed, in the Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself or others.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make any amendments to the race route that is deemed necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authorities, police or any emergency services.
- The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after a delayed start, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race at the Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund.
- By participating in The Straits Times Run 2019, you grant the Organiser and their respective assignees, licensees and affiliated companies the exclusive right to use, and to grant others the right to use, your name, likeness, biographical information, photographs, voice, personal characteristics, incidents in your life and other personal identification, as well as any videotape, sound recordings or other audio or visual portrayals of you in any and all manner and media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, for any and all purposes including, without limitation, in connection with the runs or any other productions, including any advertising or promotion thereof.
- By participating in The Straits Times Run 2019, you agree and consent to the Organiser, as well as its authorised service providers and relevant third parties, collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your personal data, including disclosing such personal data to the Organiser and its authorised service providers and relevant third parties for purposes as may be reasonably required by the Organiser to administer this Event and also to provide updates on any future editions of The Straits Times Run.
- To the best of the knowledge of the Organiser, the information presented on the event website is believed to be correct. The Organiser does not accept responsibility for any actions taken on the basis of this information, neither does it accept any liability for omission or errors of fact contained herein.
- By registering, I agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal data in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Policy of Singapore Press Holdings Limited.