July 16, 2017 Sunday
Rules & Regulations
- All The Straits Times Run in the City 2017 participants must submit their registration and entry fee payment online through the web application or event website:straitstimesrun.com. Participants must print the registration confirmation page following successful registration online as this confirmation slip will be required to be presented at the Race Pack Collection.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- All race entries are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
- Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
- Once the Registration Form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
- Completion of the Registration Form is an indication of the participant’s agreement to abide by the Rules and Regulations of The Straits Times Run in the City 2017.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Race bibs MUST be positioned front/top/centre and worn throughout the entire race. Bib numbers MUST be visible at all times. Do not cut or fold the race bib. Do not deface race bibs with stickers, markers, or any writing.
- Race timings will be recorded by Chronotrack timing technology. B-Tag, an electronic timing chip, is attached to the runners’ bib. It is important that all runners wear the race bib, pinned at all four corners, unwrinkled, and uncovered, to ensure an accurate recorded time.
- Participants must run on the designated route for the entire race. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Slower moving participants, including but not limited to those who are walking, are required to keep to the left side of the designated race route so as not to cause obstruction to other participants.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run modes of transport, including but not limited to inline wheelchairs, skates, prams, push cars, or shoes with built-in or attached rollers, are allowed on the race course other than official race and medical vehicles.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the participants’ safety, participants partake in this event at their own risks and the Organiser, Sponsors and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, and insurers of such entities shall not be liable for any death, injury, loss or damage, suffered during or otherwise arising from the race.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed, in the Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself or others.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make any amendments to the race route that is deemed necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authority, police or any emergency service.
- The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after a delayed start, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race in the Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund.
- By participating in The Straits Times Run in the City 2017, you grant the Organiser and their respective assigns, licensees and affiliated companies the exclusive right to use, and to grant others the right to use, your name, likeness, biographical information, photographs, voice, personal characteristics, incidents in your life and other personal identification, as well as any videotape, sound recordings or other audio or visual portrayals of you in any and all manner and media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, for any and all purposes including, without limitation, in connection with the runs or any other productions, including any advertising or promotion thereof.
- To the best of the knowledge of the Organiser, the information presented on the event website is believed to be correct. The Organiser does not accept responsibility for any actions taken on the basis of this information neither does it accept any liability for omission or errors of fact contained herein.
- By registering, I agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal data in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Policy of Singapore Press Holdings Limited.