Singapore Sports Hub
Sep 27, 2020
Terms & Conditions
ST Virtual Run 2020 Terms and Conditions
- The Straits Times Virtual Run 2020 (the “Virtual Run“) is organised by The Straits Times published by Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (“SPH”, which expression shall include SPH’s related corporations and affiliates) and LIV3LY Pte Ltd (the “Organiser“). All participants of the Virtual Run must submit their registration and entry fee payment online at www.straitstimesrun.com.
- Participation in the Virtual Run is subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Virtual Run as sanctioned by SPH and Organiser (“Rules and Regulations”), and these Virtual Run Terms and Conditions (collectively “T&Cs”). These Virtual Run Terms and Conditions shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency.
- By registering for the Virtual Run, each participant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by these T&Cs and any amendments, additions and replacements hereto, which shall be final and binding in all respects on each participant. Amendments to the T&Cs will be posted at www.straitstimesrun.com.
- Unless another date is stipulated by the Organiser on www.straitstimesrun.com, participants must register for the Virtual Run by 2359 hours, October 4, 2020, Singapore Time.
- The Virtual Run comprises the following categories: 17.5KM & 175KM.
- The clock-in period for the 17.5KM run is between 9 October 2020, 0000 hours to 18 October 2020, 2359 hours. The clock-in period for the 175KM run is between 19 October 2020, 0000 hours to 17 December 2020, 2359 hours.
- All participants have to be 18 years old and above at the time of registration. All participants below the age of 18 years are required to seek parental/guardian consent to participate in the race. Relevant indemnity and declaration fields must be completed at the point of registration – failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse registration to the participant or to nullify the participant’s race entry without notice.
- The participant must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant in the online registration form. If a participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SPH or the Organiser has any grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the participant’s registration may be rejected, suspended or terminated without reason and without notice.
- Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email. All race registrations are strictly not transferable.
- All entries to the Virtual Run are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
- SPH and the Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from inaccurate or incomplete entry details.
- The Virtual Run registration fee is strictly non-refundable and any changes to categories are not allowed. All sales are final and no refunds will be entertained.
- All Rules and Regulations are subject to interpretation by the Organiser whose decision shall be final.
- By registering for the Virtual Run, each participant agrees and consents to:
- SPH, as well as their respective representatives, agents or authorised service providers, collecting, using, disclosing and processing the participant’s personal data, and sharing between themselves and their business partners, the participant’s personal data including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in SPH’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites and social media in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Virtual Run or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation.
- In addition, where permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, each participant agrees that SPH may also collect, use, disclose and process the participant’s personal data and sharing the participant’s personal data between themselves, and their business partners, event sponsors and advertisers for the following purposes (which we may describe in our documents as “Additional Purposes” for the handling of personal data):
- providing services, products and benefits to you (whether by SPH, event sponsors and advertisers or other third parties), including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes; and
- sending the participant details of products, services, special offers and rewards (whether by SPH, event sponsors and advertisers or other third parties).
- Additionally, by registering for the Virtual Run, each participant further agrees that:
- the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in SPH without further compensation; and
- to the maximum extent permissible under law, each participant hereby waives its moral rights comprised in and to all Material in favour of SPH.
- To the best of the knowledge of SPH and the Organiser, the information presented on the event website is believed to be correct. SPH and the Organiser do not accept responsibility for any actions taken on the basis of this information, neither does it accept any liability for omission or errors of fact contained herein.
- By submitting your registration, you agree to receive emails from SPH. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- The participant access to the Internet and/or Virtual Event may be prevented and/or interrupted by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of SPH including, without limitation, unavailability or interruption of the Internet or other electronic or telecommunication services and network transmissions (“Service Disruption Event“). SPH will not be responsible or liable for any losses and/or indirect or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with any such Service Disruption Event.
- The participants are solely responsible for providing, at their own expense, all equipment necessary to access the Virtual Event, including but not limited to a computer and their own internet access (including payment of third party charges associated with such access, as applicable). The participant’s use of any software application in connection with the Virtual Event is solely at the participant’s own risk and may further be subjected to the relevant third-party service provider’s terms and conditions which the participant should carefully review. The participant shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her passwords and accounts with the third-party service provider and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of the passwords and accounts, including any mail or other forms of communication sent and any charges incurred.
- SPH expressly disclaims any liability for the third-party service provider’s use of any registration data the participants provide to them.
- These T&Cs are governed by the laws of Singapore, and participants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Health and Safety
- Every participant is responsible for his/her involvement in the Virtual Run. SPH, the Organiser, the event sponsors and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death and/or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during or otherwise arising from the Virtual Run. Every participant needs to be aware that his/her participation in the Virtual Run may be physically demanding and may involve a certain amount of risk and in choosing to participate, every participant acknowledges that he/she accepts all risks associated with participation in the Virtual Run and that such acceptance is a precondition to his/her participation. Every participant understands that he/she will have to co-operate fully with SPH and the Organiser and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements.
- Every participant shall therefore not hold SPH, the Organiser, the event sponsors and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities liable for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the participant during the course or arising from any cause in connection with his/her participation in the Virtual Run.
- Every participant acknowledges the disclaimer waiving all claims against SPH, the Organiser, the event sponsors and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities within the framework of the race.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to seek consultation from their own medical practitioners prior to registration and before participation in the Virtual Run.
Timing and Finishing Qualification
- Only MOVE by LIV3LY, (the “MOVE Running Tracker”) can be used to qualify for completion of the selected run distance. MOVE by LIV3LY is available for download on all Android and IOS platforms.
- “No completion, no finisher entitlement policy”. For 17.5KM participants, you will have to complete your run between 9 October 2020, 0000 hours to 18 October 2020, 2359 hours. For 175KM participants, you will have to complete your run between 19 October 2020, 0000 hours to 17 December 2020, 2359 hours. Any distance covered out of the stipulated race period will not be considered.
- Participant’s account will be suspended or race entry nullified if any misconduct, unethical behaviour, dishonest act, fraudulent results or activities are found or made known to the Owner and/or Organiser. The Owner’s decision on this matter shall be final and conclusive.
- Upon successful completion of the Virtual Run, participants will be notified by email of the details for physical collection of their finisher entitlements. The Organiser will endeavour to send out the notifications within 30 days after the end of the applicable race period and such participants (or their authorised representatives) will be expected to produce the required documents as proof of identity and registration for collection. Neither the Owner nor the Organiser will provide shipping or delivery services of the finisher entitlements. Any finisher entitlements that remain uncollected after 3 months of the Organiser’s notification, may be dealt with by the Owner in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Participants will be awarded with 1 LIV3LY point for every 1KM distance clocked.